Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Top 10 Cat Themed Kimonoes

top10 
I didn't realise there were so many cat themed kimonos out there until I really started to scour the pages of Google - I'm glad I did because they're all ridiculously cute :)

source
 First up this giant black cat applique - love the contrast on the red kimono.

source
 You can get the same cat design but printed on the obi - my favourite part is how you see the cute little paw on the front!

source
 Next up a kimono with cute cat details which you can see more closely below :)

source
 Eep! 

source
Going a bit more subdued with the next too but still cat-centric!

source
(love the little paw prints embroidered on the back)

source 1 / 2
Another cat face incorporated into the obi wrap and then going with a big bold print on the right!

source
The next two are all about the kittens and doing what they do best being playful :)

source
I like the link with the playing cards too - slightly abstract but I get it :)

source
and this last inky last kimono is possibly my favourite :)

Oh and when I say Kimono they are possibly Yukatas, from my knowledge Yukatas are the cheaper option usually made from cotton and without the double collar.  You'll see them everywhere in department stores in Japan usually during summer when festivals are in full swing so you can get all dressed up in them :) I own both but unfortunately neither have a cat print!

5 comments:

  1. kitties playing cards <3 i love when designer go on acid and we have kimono's with such weird subject going on ahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. I LOVE these. I need a neko themed obi STAT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and then you can make any plain coloured kimono awesome :)

      Delete