Friday, July 11, 2014

The 52 Project: 1/25

52

I always thought when I finally had a cat I would be constantly taking their photo. I stalk cats in real life for photos so having a cat would mean (in my head) 24/7 photo opportunities - score! Truth be told, I've taken so little photos of gremlin since we got him in April.

I was chatting with Ben about this the other night and I said something along the lines of "I love having a cat way more than I love taking his photo." Which I think sums it up, I see him doing something cute and my first reaction is to watch/kiss/hug him - not reach for my camera (which definitely shocked me).  In the blogging universe I started seeing all these amazing portraits of kids taken by their mums (and I'm sure dads too). Started by Jodi from the blog Practising Simplicity the project simply involves taking a portrait of your kid once a week for 52 weeks.

"A Portrait of Gremlin, once a week, every week for the rest of the year"

So I'm joining in too :p I thought this would be a silly and fun way to make sure I take at least one photo a week of gremlin and to end up with a nice collection of photos :) Since I'm starting half way through the year mine is more like a 25 week project but I hope to start a fresh, next year and do the full 52 :)

My very first photo for the project is of Gremlin sitting on top of my computer - a new discovery spot for him.  For those wondering, yes he kindly (and unknowingly to me at the time) shut down my computer as well :P

4 comments:

  1. Hurray for you doing the project :)
    i could not do yet any of this projects people do,i am so unorganized person/mind!
    Matilde is currently in love with the tv box,and sleeps there all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may too fail! but I thought once a week was do-able :)
      tv box huh? nice and warm? cute anyway!! he he he

      Delete
  2. Yay for joining the project! 52 pics of Gremlin is definitely something I look forward! :) :) and yay for that cute illustration of him for the project.

    ReplyDelete